Overview of our schools programme
How the process works
Our programme will benefit your school by:
- directly reducing your costs,
- reducing the burden on your staff, saving you time,
- practically engaging your pupils and increase their environmental awareness, and
- charging no up-front costs, we only charge commission once savings have been made.
(1) Source: Energy top tips (Dfe, 2014)
1. Initial meeting
- 10 minute presentation to provide an overview of the process to the management team, finance team, estate manager and any teachers who are interested in this opportunity.
- 20 minute Q&A session on how the cost savings could benefit your school, how it would work in practice and highlight any areas you are keen to work on and potential barriers.
2. Data Gathering
Meet with the finance team to scan copies of the latest invoices for each project area, e.g. electricity, gas, water, stationery, telecoms and waste (recycling, general, confidential and feminine hygiene). Meet with the catering team to review potential reductions in food waste.
3. Link to the Eco Schools Awards Programme
Your Account Manager will support you to link the cost-savings aspect of this programme to the Eco-Schools Award Programme and help you to keep on track with the seven step process.
4. Present Business Case
After the OBM cost-management experts have reviewed the invoices and scanned the market to secure the best options, your OBM Account Manager will present your cost reduction business case. It is at this point you decide whether you want to proceed – you remain in control.
5. Implement contracts
With the business case agreed, the OBM team will start the implementation process and transfer you over to your new suppliers. We act like your outsourced procurement team that provides your finance team with additional support.
6. Provide on-going support
Your Account Manager will provide you with a quarterly progress report that outlines the cost-savings made across the agreed project areas. We will also continue to support your Eco Council pupils and assigned teacher to deliver the steps towards achieving the various Eco Schools Awards.